| || |
|Upon completion of the first six months of employment, employees receive five days of vacation. Additional vacation time thereafter is accrued as per the company policy. Beginning with the fifth year, employees receive one additional day per year to a maximum of 25.|
|American National observes New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as paid holidays.|
- Health The company pays up to 70 percent of the total cost for employee and dependent coverage. Coverage is provided through a preferred provider network. You may choose one of the available health plan options. The various options may incorporate deductibles (both in network and out-of-network), stop-loss amounts, doctor office co-pay, etc. Some options include a prescription drug card plan for the purchase of prescription drugs at pharmacies or through mail order using the Medco program. A health savings account is available with one of the options.
- Group Term Life Coverage amount is two times salary up to a maximum of $100,000. The employee is provided Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage at no additional cost if Short-term Disability Income is an elected benefit. An optional term policy for higher amounts of coverage is available with cost paid by the employee.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment This coverage is provided at no additional cost to the employee and provides protection in the event of accidental death or loss of hand, foot or eye.
- Short-term Disability Income Coverage is available for up to six months in the event of the employee sustaining an injury or illness that is not work-related.
- Long-term Disability Provided at no cost to the employee after completion of two years of service.
- Dental - American National, through a partnership with Guardian, offers three dental plan options : HMO, PPO Low and PPO High plan. Plan costs are covered by the employee.
- Vision - Through a partnership with Davis Vision, American National offers a vision plan to its employees, which maintains a national network of physicians.
|Health Management Program|
|An on-site Wellness Center is available to home office employees. In addition, we also sponsor a Weight Watchers program along with several other specialized programs throughout the year.|
|Section 125 Cafeteria Plan|
|For those employees who may be paying a portion of their health or dental insurance premium, it is possible to pay that amount with pre-tax dollars. This means you do not have to pay federal income or Social Security tax on the premium amounts. Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care are available under section 125 of the cafeteria plan for qualified expenses.|
|Employees are eligible upon completion of at least one year of employment and reaching age 21. The full cost is provided by the company.|
|In addition to the retirement plan, employees have the option of participating in our 401(k) plan. Employees can choose to self-manage their 401(k) or enroll in the Morningstar Retirement Manager program. Employee contributions are not subject to current federal income tax. This is an excellent way to accumulate supplemental retirement income in addition to our retirement plan and Social Security benefits.|
|For those working in Galveston, there is the opportunity to have a good meal and conversation in our dining facilities that feature a panoramic view of the city and the Gulf of Mexico.|
|Employee Assistance Program|
|Personal difficulties may create problems that adversely impact job performance and other areas of your life. Recognizing this, American National offers employees an employee assistance program. The EAP provides free, confidential help in a variety of areas, including legal or financial problems, family and mental stress, and substance abuse.|
|Networking is a key element in developing career opportunities. When appropriate, you may have an opportunity to meet outside the office at company expense with your peers in the industry or your profession. But social networking for your career growth is also important, so we sponsor social settings for you to meet and talk with your co-workers. This includes company-sponsored sporting activities such as softball, golf, basketball and bowling.|
|Along with periodic reviews of your performance, you will spend time with your manager to determine career objectives as well as stepping stones for achieving career growth. To that end, we have many tools available to assist you. Specific training is provided in technological systems and software, supervisor and management technique, day-to-day business subjects and the like. Online courses are available through ANICOLearn, our Web-based education platform that offers a wide variety of industry and general educational courses. If you desire to obtain credit through advanced educational facilities, we provide a tuition reimbursement program.|
|Section 132 (f) Transportation and Reimbursement Accounts|
|The employee has the opportunity to set aside a portion of his/her income to pay for certain transportation expenses. The employee will not be taxed on amounts set aside and used for qualified expenses.|